Welcome to Dog Health Forums. Whether your dog was diagnosed with a health condition you never heard about before or you are looking for a place to share thoughts or obtain support about a certain dog disease with other dog owners, this is the right place. Obviously, this is not the place to ask questions when your dog is seriously ill. If so, please don’t waste your time on a forum, but rather, rush your dog to the vet!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dog passed away after being spayed
09-12-2017, 08:57 AM,
RE: Dog passed away after being spayed
 As far as 24 hour care no I don't believe that was available either although the vet

That seems to be the going trend.  Where a local Vet practice will close after 6PM,  and refer the dog to a Emergency Vet Hospital for 24 hr care.  In my area I'm fortunate in having a very good Emergency Vet Hospital 15 minutes away.  My prior dog 15 yrs ago introduced me to the EM Vet in the fog of an emergency.  It's something to have planned out for your next dog.  It made a potentially life saving difference for my current Leukemia 14 yr old puppy.

Here's an article you can read for: "Hemoperitoneum (also commonly called hemoabdomen) is defined as blood within the peritoneal (abdominal) cavity".   It describes the methods a Vet uses for diagnosis, and treatment. 

Abdominal Bleeding

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dog passed away after being spayed - by dragondawg - 09-12-2017, 08:57 AM