Welcome to Dog Health Forums. Whether your dog was diagnosed with a health condition you never heard about before or you are looking for a place to share thoughts or obtain support about a certain dog disease with other dog owners, this is the right place. Obviously, this is not the place to ask questions when your dog is seriously ill. If so, please don’t waste your time on a forum, but rather, rush your dog to the vet!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Squarmous cell carcinoma
04-26-2018, 05:24 PM,
Squarmous cell carcinoma
Hi everyone, 

My dog has been diagnosed with squarmous cell carcinoma in March, this happened after having some of his teeth removed. I’m not sure weather something went wrong at the vets as he was fine untill the teeth were removed and things progressed quickly, but I guess nothing could ever be proven. 
Again it has progressed quite fast so far, he has the growth in the back of his mouth at the top which is growing upwards into the side of his nose where there is now a lump. I am told by the vet there is nothing they can do but keep him comfortable. 
He does sneeze a lot now and is weazing (it sounds like he has a cold) but he is still eating and going to the toilet as normal.
I’m wondering if anyone has had experience of this type of cancer if you could give me any tips/advice on what was used, any medication or anything that would help? 
I did also read a few articles recently about the use of cbd oil, I know this is not a cure and will not work for everyone but it may slow the progression down so if anyone has used this I would be interested to hear if it has helped. 
Thanks

Messages In This Thread
Squarmous cell carcinoma - by Shadows pal - 04-26-2018, 05:24 PM
RE: Squarmous cell carcinoma - by Daisy - 04-27-2018, 12:56 AM
RE: Squarmous cell carcinoma - by Shadows pal - 04-27-2018, 07:38 AM
RE: Squarmous cell carcinoma - by Daisy - 04-27-2018, 11:17 PM