Welcome to Dog Health Forums. Whether your dog was diagnosed with a health condition you never heard about before or you are looking for a place to share thoughts or obtain support about a certain dog disease with other dog owners, this is the right place. Obviously, this is not the place to ask questions when your dog is seriously ill. If so, please don’t waste your time on a forum, but rather, rush your dog to the vet!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bitch in season walking in circles weeing
04-27-2014, 04:58 PM,
bitch in season walking in circles weeing
hey,
i have a staffordshire bull terrier/german shepard cross she has come into season for the first time and it has confused the hell out of her as she dnt seem to realise why she's bleeding or anything, after a few days she started to walk in circles tryin to lick her rear end and weeing everywhere as she does it. i was wondering if anyone may knw why she does this and if there is a problem or not?

any help wud be great

thanks.

[Image: 25p3b41.jpg]
04-28-2014, 02:14 PM,
RE: bitch in season walking in circles weeing
It's totally normal for a dog in season to want to clean herself. Some dogs clean themselves so much, the owners barely get to know they are in heat. I had a fastidiously clean husky who would always clean up. Peeing is her way to advertise her sexual availability. This is the way they can attract males.
05-02-2014, 12:37 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-02-2014, 12:39 PM by lovemyrottie.)
RE: bitch in season walking in circles weeing
I had a clean obsessed bitch and this made it at times hard to tell if she was in heat as she would lick herself even after urinating. Other male dogs usually gave me the heads up!

If her peeing is abnormal though you may want to have her checked for a UTI.