Welcome to Dog Health Forums. Whether your dog was diagnosed with a health condition you never heard about before or you are looking for a place to share thoughts or obtain support about a certain dog disease with other dog owners, this is the right place. Obviously, this is not the place to ask questions when your dog is seriously ill. If so, please don’t waste your time on a forum, but rather, rush your dog to the vet!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My dog pees everywhere!
02-15-2015, 02:00 AM,
My dog pees everywhere!
My 5 year old Heeler has been having issues holding his bladder lately. This is the dog that will out last me on a 12 hour road trip for bathroom breaks, has never had accidents in the house, hardly any even when he was a puppy. Now it seems like he can't hold it in, and will pee all over my house as he's running to the door to go out. It's happened three times in the last two weeks. He did recently breed (it was arranged), and I was wondering if that could have anything to do with it?
02-16-2015, 06:30 PM,
RE: My dog pees everywhere!
Since this is so uncharacteristic of him, a vet visit is in order..It could be he is suffering from a urinary tract infection. This is quite easy to treat. Your vet may also look for other possible causes if his urine doesn't show signs of a urinary tract infection. I think the act of breeding may contribute to this due to bacteria contamination.