Welcome to Dog Health Forums. Whether your dog was diagnosed with a health condition you never heard about before or you are looking for a place to share thoughts or obtain support about a certain dog disease with other dog owners, this is the right place. Obviously, this is not the place to ask questions when your dog is seriously ill. If so, please don’t waste your time on a forum, but rather, rush your dog to the vet!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fever reduced- Belladona (30 ch)
04-07-2015, 08:41 PM,
Fever reduced- Belladona (30 ch)
I have a large breed dog (90 lbs) who has had a high fever for a prolonged period of time. We are getting her treated as it would not resolve with antibiotics. But initially we were using Belladonna supplements as the medication the vet suggested is known to upset the stomach and she recently had a GI issue. I would place a tablet or 2 under her lip and within about 20 minutes her temperature would decrease by about 1.0-1.5 degrees celsius and stay down for about 4-8 hours. After consulting a homeopath I left her a normal water bowl as well as a bowl with a belladonna tablet and let her choose which one to drink as dogs are good at sensing what they need. I was a skeptic after reading some forums but this really helped her. I am no expert and do not have all the answers but this worked for us and might give someone the idea to research this more based on your pets' needs.

This solution is temporary of course, as fevers are generally a symptom not a condition so of course I would suggest seeing a vet.
04-08-2015, 08:28 PM,
RE: Fever reduced- Belladona (30 ch)
Thank you so much for sharing your results with belladonna. It's nice to hear success stories using natural remedies without all the side effects of conventional medicine.