Welcome to Dog Health Forums. Whether your dog was diagnosed with a health condition you never heard about before or you are looking for a place to share thoughts or obtain support about a certain dog disease with other dog owners, this is the right place. Obviously, this is not the place to ask questions when your dog is seriously ill. If so, please don’t waste your time on a forum, but rather, rush your dog to the vet!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chihuahua's coat seems softer after being on antibiotics and total tooth extraction.
07-20-2015, 10:47 PM,
Chihuahua's coat seems softer after being on antibiotics and total tooth extraction.
My 14 yr old chihuahua had all his teeth removed last week. He's been on an antibiotic for a week now and pain meds once a day since the surgery. I swear that his coat is softer now. Am I imagining this? He certainly smells better now! He had very advanced periodontal disease, hence why all his teeth were extracted.
07-22-2015, 04:03 PM,
RE: Chihuahua's coat seems softer after being on antibiotics and total tooth extraction.
(07-20-2015, 10:47 PM)BenzKompressor Wrote: My 14 yr old chihuahua had all his teeth removed last week. He's been on an antibiotic for a week now and pain meds once a day since the surgery. I swear that his coat is softer now. Am I imagining this? He certainly smells better now! He had very advanced periodontal disease, hence why all his teeth were extracted.

I don't know how it correlates but for sure getting rid of all those diseased teeth will prove beneficial to his health in many ways!