Welcome to Dog Health Forums. Whether your dog was diagnosed with a health condition you never heard about before or you are looking for a place to share thoughts or obtain support about a certain dog disease with other dog owners, this is the right place. Obviously, this is not the place to ask questions when your dog is seriously ill. If so, please don’t waste your time on a forum, but rather, rush your dog to the vet!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Treats for a chihuahua with no teeth?
07-20-2015, 10:49 PM,
Treats for a chihuahua with no teeth?
Our little boy had all his teeth pulled. We still want to give him treats. Any ideas? I've read about freeze dried liver bites. What do you all think?
07-21-2015, 03:25 PM,
RE: Treats for a chihuahua with no teeth?
(07-21-2015, 02:35 PM)Daisy Wrote: Hello, I am sorry to hear your Chihuahua had to have his teeth pulled, but the good news is that there are several soft treats you can still give. Natural Balance and Red Barn make logs that are shaped like sausages that are very tasty and can be cut in small bite-sized shapes. Canned food you can roll into small little balls. Cream cheese and peanut butter is often used to help dogs swallow pills and so are little pieces of low-sodium hot dogs.
07-22-2015, 04:07 PM,
RE: Treats for a chihuahua with no teeth?
When my dog had some of his teeth extracted, it helped to give him small pieces of boiled chicken.