Welcome to Dog Health Forums. Whether your dog was diagnosed with a health condition you never heard about before or you are looking for a place to share thoughts or obtain support about a certain dog disease with other dog owners, this is the right place. Obviously, this is not the place to ask questions when your dog is seriously ill. If so, please don’t waste your time on a forum, but rather, rush your dog to the vet!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Undesended Tescticle
09-19-2012, 02:29 PM,
Undesended Tescticle
Hi just wondering if any one has every used " Boy Special " a homepathy remedy to help bring down a testicle in a puppy that is present but keeps acsending ? Or any homepathic remedy ? Many Thanks...x
09-19-2012, 09:00 PM,
RE: Undesended Tescticle
Hmmm...never heard of this product, but heard some people using Epimedium Powder along with acupuncture.
09-19-2012, 09:18 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-19-2012, 09:21 PM by Mukki09.)
undefined

I was planning on using Boy special or other product on my show dog male, but my vet said it was a complete waste of time and that when such products have appeared to work it could well be that the testicles would have descended normally anyway. My dogs eventually descended. How old is your boy?
09-20-2012, 04:16 AM,
Thanks a million for replying Harvey is a almost 6 month old Lhasa..he has the 2nd testicle but it keeps going back up..when we bring it down it is so tiny compared to the other teste...We are not interested in breeding, we don't breed but we show..so he would need both his testes only for that reason...I know it will probably come down off its own accord.. but when we take him to little dog matches and training classes someone always points out "you know he has only one testicle " and we are tired saying he has 2! but one insists on moving back up...I know it's a silly reason but it is so dishearting to have judges put him down...we have a fabulous vet who told us don't be annoyed about it untill Harvey is at least a year old...thank you very much for replying....x
09-22-2012, 12:41 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-22-2012, 12:41 PM by Mukki09.)
I know that feeling! It seemed like it took forever for my boy and since he is a big boy, it was quite evident to they eye that something "was missing"! I was getting worried because it was either descending or ready to get neutered, which I did not want to do because I have always had unneutered males. Luckily, his descended magically at 5 months.

I think the concern here is if that testicle is underdeveloped and non-functional. Has the vet taken a look?
09-22-2012, 12:52 PM,
The condition of underdeveloped testis in dogs is known as "testiculur hypoplasia". Not trying to make a diagnosis here, but just thought to point it out. If this is the case and the dog was sold as "show quality" I think your breeder must need to provide some good explanations for selling a dog with undescended testicles as such. In many cases, breeders sell dogs with undescended testicles as "pet quality" because they know for a fact they cannot be shown or may be unable to be fertile. So they won't take a chance, even if the testicle may change as the puppy grows.

If this is the case, hormonal therapy may help, but this is up the the vet to determine if this is such a case and if any treatment may help. So I think a vet may help give the best advice here and determine if there is hope. Unfortunately, this is often hereditary.
Here is a helpful link:
http://www.petmd.com/dog/conditions/repr...F3qMrKPW0I

Hope this helps, kind regards!
Former AAHA animal hospital employee, dog trainer and dog behavior consultant. Published dog author on several print and web publications.