Welcome to Dog Health Forums. Whether your dog was diagnosed with a health condition you never heard about before or you are looking for a place to share thoughts or obtain support about a certain dog disease with other dog owners, this is the right place. Obviously, this is not the place to ask questions when your dog is seriously ill. If so, please don’t waste your time on a forum, but rather, rush your dog to the vet!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dog too excitable?
10-23-2015, 10:33 PM,
Dog too excitable?
So our dog gets too excitable, he's so lovable but with little kids and stuff it's not good. He's no longer the lap dog he thinks he is, and he's constantly jumping on people, the other day was was walking him and some kid asked to pet him and I said sure, I ended up having to hold him down because he was so excited. But if we bring him around groups of people with at least another dog he's fine, he just plays with the dog. My biggest problem is when he jumps up on people. Any ideas how to fix it? Any help would be amazing.
10-24-2015, 02:07 PM,
RE: Dog too excitable?
Training a dog to not jump on people takes a multi-method approach that requires the collaboration of people to help you train your dog. If every time your dog jumps, he gets attention from people, he'll be likely to jump more in the future. Here are a few articles that may help you out, you may need to enlist the help of a trainer though to create ideal set-ups initially.

Help for Owners of Jumping Dogs 

Train dog to stop jumping on people
Former AAHA animal hospital employee, dog trainer and dog behavior consultant. Published dog author on several print and web publications.