Welcome to Dog Health Forums. Whether your dog was diagnosed with a health condition you never heard about before or you are looking for a place to share thoughts or obtain support about a certain dog disease with other dog owners, this is the right place. Obviously, this is not the place to ask questions when your dog is seriously ill. If so, please don’t waste your time on a forum, but rather, rush your dog to the vet!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Growth in 1yo Pitt Mix Mouth
11-28-2015, 09:23 PM,
Growth in 1yo Pitt Mix Mouth
Hi - My one year old pitt Zoey has a small growth on the inside of her mouth (Picture attached).  I think it might be a wart but wanted to see if the forum had an advice on what it could be.  Going to the Vet on Tuesday. 

Thank you so much in advance.  Pete        
11-29-2015, 12:15 PM,
RE: Growth in 1yo Pitt Mix Mouth
To me looks like a wart, and your dog's age also makes it more likely. Has your dog been in contact with other dogs? Good you are seeing the vet just to make sure and receive proper treatment. Keep us posted on your vet's findings!
12-04-2015, 01:36 PM,
Did you figure out what that growth was? My dog has a similar growth.
12-04-2015, 05:43 PM,
Hey - Vet said that its 95% chance a wart virus that is fairly common and contracted via dog parks which I go to often living in Los Angeles. The plan is to watch it, check it each week to make sure it doesn't get bigger. If it does, he said that he can remove it.
12-04-2015, 08:04 PM,
Thanks so much for the update. My dog's wart-like growth is under the chin. Started ever since I fostered a dog. Now will keep them separated until get official diagnosis. I hope your dog's goes away soon.