Welcome to Dog Health Forums. Whether your dog was diagnosed with a health condition you never heard about before or you are looking for a place to share thoughts or obtain support about a certain dog disease with other dog owners, this is the right place. Obviously, this is not the place to ask questions when your dog is seriously ill. If so, please don’t waste your time on a forum, but rather, rush your dog to the vet!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skinless spots on my french bull. Please help
12-16-2015, 07:36 PM,
Skinless spots on my french bull. Please help

My French Bull is about eleven month and recently I have found skinless spots on parts of his body and I am not sure whether its the food im feeding him(Orijen) or is he having some sorts of skin allergies. Anyhow, I am unsure and he seem like hes not bothered at all by it, but it is quite conercerning for me. Thank you guys it would be much appreciated if I could be given some insight or help on this problem. 

[img]webkit-fake-url://3b9ed4a9-bcae-4c8a-88d5-5db7825395f5/imagejpeg[/img]

[img]webkit-fake-url://1561b3d6-b41b-4b24-947f-e653f097a841/imagejpeg[/img]
12-16-2015, 07:41 PM,
RE: Skinless spots on my french bull. Please help
Sorry, I'am just re-uploading the picture as it seems it can't be opened in my previous post.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

12-17-2015, 01:58 AM,
RE: Skinless spots on my french bull. Please help
Hello, thank you for posting pictures. I am wondering from the hairless appearance and the size of quarters if you may be dealing with a case of ringworm?  I might be wrong, but sure worth to see the vet. Was your dog around other dogs? The diagnosis by your vet if that's the case is pretty easy and straightforward, he'll use an ultraviolet light and take a culture. I wouldn't touch the areas with bare hands until you know for sure what it is.