Welcome to Dog Health Forums. Whether your dog was diagnosed with a health condition you never heard about before or you are looking for a place to share thoughts or obtain support about a certain dog disease with other dog owners, this is the right place. Obviously, this is not the place to ask questions when your dog is seriously ill. If so, please don’t waste your time on a forum, but rather, rush your dog to the vet!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bullpei special diet
06-01-2016, 09:27 AM,
Bullpei special diet
This is my first time posting, and I think this is my last resort as my vet has not been helpful at all. I have a bullpei (sharpei old english bullddog mix) and he is 4 years old. When he was about a year old he became extremely lethagic so my husband took him to the vet only to find out he had swallowed 6 pacifers whole and they were blocking his intestines. He had emergency surgery and thankfully survived!! Ever since the surgery he has been exremely timid and has extreme anxiety. Also we have discovered that he may be allergic to chicken as well as grains and potatoes. There has not been one good solid month since that he has not thrown up un digestited food or had severe diarrhea. I have taken him back and forth to the vet and still have no answers. He is miserable and it makes me miserable to see him not be able to live like a dog should. Im looking for any advice i can get as far as diet and caring for my sweet chevy!
06-01-2016, 06:45 PM,
RE: Bullpei special diet
Have you tried probiotics and some sort of bland diet?
06-06-2016, 08:02 AM,
With allergies you may have to try with some novel protein your dog has never been exposed to. These novel protein diets often encompass unusual meats such as duck, kangaroo, bison etc. Lamb and rice is an easily digestible diet. Did your vet test for conditions like SIBO or EPI? Adding some plain pumpkin, not the pie type with spices, may help firm up the stools.
06-11-2016, 11:16 AM,
I have heard some good stuff from slippery elm. http://www.dogsupsetstomach.com/remedies...-diarrhea/