Welcome to Dog Health Forums. Whether your dog was diagnosed with a health condition you never heard about before or you are looking for a place to share thoughts or obtain support about a certain dog disease with other dog owners, this is the right place. Obviously, this is not the place to ask questions when your dog is seriously ill. If so, please don’t waste your time on a forum, but rather, rush your dog to the vet!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Dog drank leftover hot cocoa!
12-18-2012, 12:59 AM,
#1
Dog drank leftover hot cocoa!
My poodle mix this evening got ahold of my cup and lapped about 1/4 cup of hot milk hershey chocolate, should I be concerned? this was like 3 hours ago and read that chocolate is bad for dogs help!
Reply
12-18-2012, 01:13 AM,
#2
RE: Dog drank leftover hot cocoa!
This happened once with my Maggie. I rushed her to the doctor she had drank like half a cup. The doc chuckled and told me it wasn't enough to cause major problems and that the type of chocolate is not the type known for being bad (Baker's). He did mention though that she could get diarrhea, indeed, she had a bit. I know use only mugs with lidsSmile
Reply
01-05-2013, 12:12 AM,
#3
RE: Dog drank leftover hot cocoa!
I think many of us have some chocolate story tucked in their dog owning history. My lab once ate a Hershey kiss. I was worried sick! Then a quick call to the vet told me that with a lab weighing as much as mine there was nothing to worry about other than a very slim chance for diarrhea. Now, I know what chocolate I need to really worry about and how much. I keep a chart on my fridge just in case..
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)