Welcome to Dog Health Forums. Whether your dog was diagnosed with a health condition you never heard about before or you are looking for a place to share thoughts or obtain support about a certain dog disease with other dog owners, this is the right place. Obviously, this is not the place to ask questions when your dog is seriously ill. If so, please don’t waste your time on a forum, but rather, rush your dog to the vet!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this a seizure?
11-03-2016, 08:47 PM,
Exclamation  Is this a seizure?

My 5 year old miniature dachsund, Luna, woke up while laying on my bed and immediately started spinning until she fell off the bed. She started doing what she is doing in the video and did that for a few minutes. She didn't eat anything out of the ordinary and she has done something similar in the past, though those times were far apart and much more mild and quick. Anyone have an idea of what is happening?
11-04-2016, 08:53 AM,
RE: Is this a seizure?
You should show your Vet the video, and get the dog in for a CBC differential/Chem blood test. It could be anything from metabolic problems (liver), underlying cancer, or something more simple such as mild epilepsy.
11-04-2016, 05:16 PM,
I agree to have your vet see this. When you approached the dog at the end of the video, did your dog show any signs of being aware of you?
11-07-2016, 01:03 AM,
I don't think she was aware of me at all.
11-10-2016, 12:45 AM,
Sounds like a seizure, but only your vet can tell you for sure.