Welcome to Dog Health Forums. Whether your dog was diagnosed with a health condition you never heard about before or you are looking for a place to share thoughts or obtain support about a certain dog disease with other dog owners, this is the right place. Obviously, this is not the place to ask questions when your dog is seriously ill. If so, please don’t waste your time on a forum, but rather, rush your dog to the vet!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Min pin acting neurotic
11-28-2016, 11:38 PM,
Min pin acting neurotic
So our 8 year old min pin is acting pretty crazy. she is staring at the ground constantly as if looking at something, and spinning in circles as if she is hallucinating. If she is not looking at the ground, she is looking at the ceiling. Apparently she couldn't even sleep last night. My parents think it's just fleas driving her crazy, but I'm not so sure. we have her groomed frequently, and she is given regular flea medication. I didn't know what section to post this in, so I chose this. Has anyone else had a similar situation, or know what this sounds like? We take care of our animals, and she has always been a little odd, but never to this degree. Thanks.
11-29-2016, 12:17 PM,
RE: Min pin acting neurotic
A trip to the Vet is in your near future. There could be various causes such as a neurological problem due to unknown causes, an inner ear infection, or other.

Note whether the dog is always spinning the same direction or not. Do her eyes have a natural motion, or rolll, and dart around. Pupils unbalanced or not. How long the attacks last, and the interval between the attacks. Then convey this information to your Vet during your appointment. If the dog has a form of Vestibular syndrome it can become nauseated, and stop drinking water. With a lot of erratic eye movement for days after the attack. Which can create an emergency visit to the Vet.

Not likely fleas. A dog with fleas will scratch, lick, and gnaw at their fur, as the flea hops around, and bites the dog.

In summary: Try to remember everything you observed, and get the dog into a Vet ASAP. If it has stopped drinking, then dehydration becomes a danger, and emergency.
11-29-2016, 01:19 PM,
RE: Min pin acting neurotic
Please record this behavior and bring a recording along with your dog to the vet so that he or she can see the behavior in person. It sounds like some neurological disorder is going or perhaps OCD behavior.