Welcome to Dog Health Forums. Whether your dog was diagnosed with a health condition you never heard about before or you are looking for a place to share thoughts or obtain support about a certain dog disease with other dog owners, this is the right place. Obviously, this is not the place to ask questions when your dog is seriously ill. If so, please don’t waste your time on a forum, but rather, rush your dog to the vet!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Small dark bumps?
01-02-2017, 02:53 PM,
Small dark bumps?
I've recently noticed a few dark bumps around Jojo's lips, which I think have also become swollen with hair loss? It seemed like one had fallen off when I wiped it, but so far I haven't been able to get the remaining ones off. Is this something I should be worried about?

01-03-2017, 03:39 PM,
RE: Small dark bumps?
Does Jojo go to the dog park or doggy day care? Young dogs tend to get viral papillomas that look a bit like sea anemones as they have jagged edges and tend to grow on the lip area. Usually, though they are not so dark. Another possibility is an infection or some sort of acne which can be caused by bacteria/yeast since this area tends to be moist. I would get it checked out by the vet. A skin scrape may help determine what it is.
01-05-2017, 06:01 PM,
RE: Small dark bumps?
With skin issues there can be so many possibilities! When you get that skin scrape done, please report back on your vet's findings. Curious to know what they are!