Welcome to Dog Health Forums. Whether your dog was diagnosed with a health condition you never heard about before or you are looking for a place to share thoughts or obtain support about a certain dog disease with other dog owners, this is the right place. Obviously, this is not the place to ask questions when your dog is seriously ill. If so, please don’t waste your time on a forum, but rather, rush your dog to the vet!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can anyone tell me what this is?
01-17-2017, 04:11 PM,
Can anyone tell me what this is?
My dog just recently started having some blood drippings after a bowel movement and now today, it almost looks like he has a hemorrhoid coming out from the middle of his anus?
01-17-2017, 05:45 PM,
RE: Can anyone tell me what this is?
The "hemorrhoid" could be anal gland cancer, other tumor, or even the beginning of a prolapse. Best case scenario is a clogged, swollen, and infected anal gland.

Definitely get the dog to a Vet ASAP for an exam. Another problem with such growths is infection spreading to the bloodstream.
01-17-2017, 08:23 PM,
RE: Can anyone tell me what this is?
Dogs do not get hemorrhoids like people do, it's likely an impacted anal gland that has herniated through the side of the anal sphincter as a result of an infection. A dog's anal gland can rupture out through the skin when it fails to empty on its own every time your dog has bowel movement and get impacted. This is often seen when dogs have stools that are on the softer side as anal glands are meant to empty when the stools are firm. Since the area is often in contact with fecal matter, it's easy for an infection to set in, therefore you dog will likely need a course of antibiotics. Good luck!