Welcome to Dog Health Forums. Whether your dog was diagnosed with a health condition you never heard about before or you are looking for a place to share thoughts or obtain support about a certain dog disease with other dog owners, this is the right place. Obviously, this is not the place to ask questions when your dog is seriously ill. If so, please don’t waste your time on a forum, but rather, rush your dog to the vet!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible parvo!
04-12-2012, 06:08 PM,
Possible parvo!
Hi my pup hasn't eaten or drank anything for 2 days and she has no energy to do anything... i came home today to a pile of what looked like blood and bowel movements on the steps and don't know what to do! Vet said it sounds like parvo and said she would have to be put down tomorrow. I really don't want to take that route but is it too late for a treatment? Thanks.
04-13-2012, 01:40 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-13-2012, 01:41 AM by alexadry.)
RE: Possible parvo!
All I can think about is a product called Parvaid, some people have reported good results. However, in puppies with parvo things can go downhill fast, so time is important. It would not hurt to ask the opinion of another vet. Some vets have reported good results with tamiflu. A vet saying it ''sounds like parvo'' without actually testing your dog for it and suggesting to put the dog down does not sounds like good advice. Your dog should have more testing, x-rays, fecal tests, and parvo test. Best wishes.
04-19-2012, 11:56 AM,
Took her to another vet but she was too weak and they had to put her downSad he said he could have tried to hospitalize her but this would have cost an arm and a leg and there were really slim chances for her to improve at this point. Thank you for your help though, I really appreciate this site.
05-15-2015, 07:05 PM,
If indeed your little fella does have parvo, it can be a devastating condition. I have put together some information to help explain the condition and how we tend to go forth to treat it. Please note this information applies to doggies with parvo and is intended for general information purposes only.

http://grahamdvm.wix.com/grahamdvm#!Cani...7ED8F84BC3