Welcome to Dog Health Forums. Whether your dog was diagnosed with a health condition you never heard about before or you are looking for a place to share thoughts or obtain support about a certain dog disease with other dog owners, this is the right place. Obviously, this is not the place to ask questions when your dog is seriously ill. If so, please don’t waste your time on a forum, but rather, rush your dog to the vet!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Little bumps under my dogs eye!
05-26-2017, 06:12 PM,
Little bumps under my dogs eye!
I just noticed today that my pup had three small wart-like bumps under her left eye.  It doesn't seem to bother her (no itching or anything).  I'm not sure if it's something I should worry about or just a skin irritation.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

05-26-2017, 06:34 PM,
RE: Little bumps under my dogs eye!
Hello there! Always best to have any bumps and lumps checked out by a vet to be sure they're nothing majorly worrisome, but in this case, if they're right by the margin of the eyelid, there are chances that those bumps are styes. Styes or chalazions are just formed when the dog's meiobian glands produce thick secretions which lead to the formation of growths. These growths therefore may be just collections of these oily secretions. Best to leave them alone, (don't pop them) and if they are truly styes, they should eventually mature and disappear. Warm compresses can speed up things if that's what they are, however, I must admit, most styes I have seen on my dogs were solitary.

Several other possibilities is that they are bacterial or yeast skin infection, parasites (mites), allergies, they could also be small cysts or adenomas.
Of course, don't just take my word for this, only your vet can tell you what they are exactly by diagnosis. If your dog is bothered by them, they should be checked out sooner than later.
http://www.eyevet.ca/lids.html

Best regards!
05-26-2017, 06:41 PM,
My dog had something similar and it turned out being the hair follicles on the eyelids, where the eyelashes stem from, being infected. My vet put her on a course of antibiotics and collar of shame to keep her from pawing at the area as it was irritated and bothered her. I was applying neosporin to the area but my vet scolded me for it as he said it's not a good idea to use something topical so close to the eye which can make matters worse.
05-27-2017, 01:36 PM,
See the thread below on conjunctival viral papilloma.  A puppy's immature system when stressed can leave it open to papilloma virus infections which cause warts.  If a papilloma virus is the cause the condition could get worse, or resolve spontaneously.  There could be other causes, and you should have your Vet examine puppy. 

The chances are high, that a Vet will tell you to monitor the growths.  Where if they become inflamed, propagate, or become larger, then they would have to be removed, or treated.