Welcome to Dog Health Forums. Whether your dog was diagnosed with a health condition you never heard about before or you are looking for a place to share thoughts or obtain support about a certain dog disease with other dog owners, this is the right place. Obviously, this is not the place to ask questions when your dog is seriously ill. If so, please don’t waste your time on a forum, but rather, rush your dog to the vet!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Red thing sticking out of dogs Manhood
09-29-2013, 02:32 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-29-2013, 02:58 AM by Sammy29.)
Red thing sticking out of dogs Manhood
OK so I am really scared right now. I am watching my brothers dog while he is away on business in New York. When I was going to bed I noticed this huge red thing sticking out of Shadow's Manhood. It is like intestines. I have tried calling my brother three times but I think he is sleeping. It looks like the testicles have come out and are in a big bulge. Shadow is a black lab. He is not fixed (my brother wants to breed him). Please respond quick I am going to see if there is an emergency vet in my area. Shadow seems to not be in pain but is holding his back up in a weird way when he walks. It has been like this for about 10 min. I am really worried about him. Please help.

I talked with my vet. It has now gone back in and he has has his hmm hmm ejaculate all over my rug and couch. Any idea on how to clean it up?
09-29-2013, 12:52 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-29-2013, 12:54 PM by lovemyrottie.)
RE: Red thing sticking out of dogs Manhood
I hope this is a serious question, and you're not a troll. Before panicking, please go to Google images and search for "dog bulbous glandis". If that is what you are seeing, it's normal canine reproductive anatomy you are looking at. If this is different, you aredealing with something else. You say "it's a red thing sticking out of his manhood" so most likely that's what you are seeing. The area covered with fur, isn't the dog's full reproductive tract, they have a "red thing that sticks out" so they can copulate. Now, see your vet immediately if this part doesn't seem to retract back in and the dog licks it as you may be dealing with paraphimosis.

OK, just saw your update. I am happy it was something "normal". I would use any normal cleaner, preferably something like Nature's Miracle cleaner.
09-30-2013, 02:20 AM,
RE: Red thing sticking out of dogs Manhood
Glad you got it sorted out and it turned out not being anything major! Tongue