Dog Health Forums

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Dog possible cancer possible cyst please help

Hello.I am new here and I joined this forum to learn share and be helpful from my own personal experiences.My name is joey ,I hope this forum us active .anyway I have a 11 year old pit bull boarder collie mix some say he could be mastiff because his great sized head. He has lumps and bumps on his body I've always taken the best care of him since he was a baby always fed him low fat diet. On his chest he had a gulf ball size fatty cyst and below that he has a large very pink cyst type thing looks like an in large nipple this is the size of a small round bubble gum now it's almost golf ball sized and it leaking a little puss I need to know what it is.

Hello there! there is really now way top know for sure what it is. Even if you go to a vet, they won't tell you what it is by looking at it alone. The only way to know for sure is by fine needle aspiration and then having them analyze the fluid aspirated. I would have any suspicious lumps always checked out to play it safe.

Unfortunately, yes, with lumps there is no way to know for certainty what they are until they are analyzed. When I took my dog to the vet for a suspicious lump, we saw 3 different vets and no one told us what it was until the results came back. I guess it's because there are lumps that even though they look benign they may be cancer. There are so many different results when they take needle aspirates. Only one vet, said she suspected our dog's lump was a sebaceous cysts, only because they are quite common and because when she did the needle aspirate it drained and shrunk. Here is an article discussing sebaceous cysts and the testing vets do, there is also a video by Dr. Karen Beckers discussing lumps at the bottom, but of course, there's no way to know what your dog's lump is until it is tested, so you should really have your dog seen to know for sure, Good luck!

http://alexadry.hubpages.com/hub/Underst...ts-in-Dogs

Thanks so much for the replies . I've made an appointment thanks for the encouragement. I have been scared to know but it's only right for him , I'd just die if he was terminally I'll although something needs to be done to make sure he lives longer.

Keep us updated please. Keeping fingers and paws crossed it turns out to be just a benign cyst. Good luck!

Yes, it would be best if you take your dog to a vet, have them take specimen of your dog's cysts so they could verify if it's malignant or what not. It's the best step to take. I wish him well. Keep us updated.